Taller de Lengua Inglesa 2014
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learning English through Music

+6
Aldana
Ana Claudia
MARIELA DEALBERA
Brenda Calabuchi
Giuliana Chiappero
Carolina
10 posters

Go down

Learning English through Music Empty Learning English through Music

Post by Carolina 12/2/2014, 09:43

Writing: Do some research about The Beatles and write a few lines (from 5 to 10 lines) expressing how you consider this band influenced today's popular music. Remember that it is important to organize your ideas first.

Last edited by Carolina on 13/2/2014, 17:07; edited 1 time in total

Carolina

Back to top Go down

Learning English through Music Empty Re: Learning English through Music

Post by Giuliana Chiappero 12/2/2014, 20:48

I think this song talks about how is each person, there’s no a perfect person and is fine. We have to respect other people. Basically is about the peace that we have to have knowing who we are and not to pretend change other people and no matter what happend we don’t need to change.
In my opinión The Beatles have amazing lyrics, the songs have an incredible massage. I don’t know much about music and how their music influenced in today’s music but I think that they were revolutionary. Their music influenced about the contents of the lyrics and they made their own music which was completly awesome.
They’re an example to follow because today people still remember them and they’re still in number one on the british list and still reward on the musical lists. There's no music band who achieved what they did.  Very Happy

Giuliana Chiappero

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenda Calabuchi 13/2/2014, 19:34

I think the beatles had the best musicians in history. They started their band from very young and got very quick fame by the type of music they played, it was not just rock, but were also classic ballads. The influence of their music came to the social and cultural revoluviones of the decade of the 60s. So this is one of the best bands in the history of rock and ballads.His songs originally spoke of love and romance and then spoke of social and philosophical issues, to think.

Brenda Calabuchi

Back to top Go down

Post by MARIELA DEALBERA 13/2/2014, 20:15

"The Beatles", were an english rock band very famous. This incredible band started in 1960 and their popularity has never died. I think they're a geniuses and their music influence people and other music, until our times. The Beatles are the best-selling band in the United States, with 177 million certified units. :O
Lennon was shot and killed in December 1980, and Harrison died of lung cancer in November 2001 :'(. McCartney and Starr are working in the music still.
About the song "across the universe", I thing the meaning is about intense feelings and their meaning has been explained with world's metaphors. I'ts a great song! Very Happy

MARIELA DEALBERA

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana Claudia 14/2/2014, 20:40

As far as I believe, they played together for about seven years--and that was enough to change the history music!

Ana Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldana 14/2/2014, 20:54

I don't know very much about the history of "The Beatles". But I think that the sounds there are so beautiful and interesting. And the people until day listening to their music. In particular I like Let it be, Imagine and others of course. But now across the universe, too. I think the meaning is about feelings with a person in particular. It's a lovely song!!  Like a Star @ heaven   Smile

Aldana

Back to top Go down

Post by Cami Olivero 16/2/2014, 16:22

Well, about THE BEATLES, I think that they are a really icon of the music, they are like a handbook for many people or maybe like a religion why not?
"The beatles" are a band since 1962, but today we can find in some tv program or in the radio that yet reproduce their songs, because they are really beautiful, and talk about the life, love, and realistic things, also there are a documentaries about their lives.
Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYGfHikqyDo
I think that they are the best band of the world and as their success will never be another like.

Cami Olivero

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Cecchel 17/2/2014, 22:14

The Beatles developed a new style of music that was a mix of rock and roll and pop with a smidgen of historic rhythm 'n' blues. The Beatles sound was unique and their lyrics and melodies were hard not to sing along to in many cases. The Beatles new sound excited people on both sides of the pond and got both British and American youth interested in popular music once more; the scene in the early sixties having become stagnant and formulaic since the fifties success of Elvis and Buddy Holly. In many ways, The Beatles success in America, which happened almost overnight, could be said to have brought Britain and the US closer in terms of pop culture and collective values. Before The Beatles, no British group had been successful in America.

Nicole Cecchel

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonardo Marusich 17/2/2014, 23:54

The beatles is a band that i never liked, i think because their music is simple or because it's too old...
anyway, they were a band with much influence in the society, and made think about the peace, when the world was in conflict.

Leonardo Marusich

Back to top Go down

Post by Melisa Alvarez 27/2/2014, 23:27

Hi!

Personally I think The Beatles were and are one of the most influential bands in music history. Unfortunately, many are left with more "commercial" songs and not enjoy their incredible works. I chose the name of my daughter for a song from them. Julia, This song was written by John Lennon in honor of his mother. 

Very Happy 

Melisa Alvarez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down